Overview of Mrs. Doebele’s Classroom…
- I expect every child and adult to be kind, courteous, and respectful to each other at all times. A motto for this is, “treat others as you would want to be treated.” This includes respecting themselves and other’s belongings. This creates a learning environment for all students to succeed and do their best!
- I also expect students to always do their best during class time. If students are giving their personal best each day, they can work up to their highest potential for learning.
- Another expectation I have is to take responsibility for your own actions. We all make mistakes and that’s okay. If we admit to a mistake that we may have made, it will create a more positive learning environment in the classroom for student’s to continue their learning in a positive way.
- Follow directions the FIRST time they are given.
- Respect others at ALL times.
- Allow the teacher to teach and others to learn and participate.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Be prepared at all times.
- Walk quietly into the classroom.This also goes for when you leave the classroom.
- Sit at the desk that is assigned to you.
- Write down your assignments and homework in your planner after each class.This will help you stay organized and know what you will have for homework that night.Put your homework in your homework folder if it needs to go home.If you get done with it at school, put it in the homework basket.
- The assignment and homework for each class will be written up on the board for you to easily write down in your planner.There should be no excuses for not knowing what your homework is for each night.
- You may not leave the classroom without asking.Your planner must be signed off by the teacher at the end of the day.
- No food or drink will be allowed in the classroom, unless you were given permission from the teacher or it is a special occasion for snacks to be brought into the classroom.Water is allowed (in a clear bottle), especially when it is hot out.
- No electronic devices are ALLOWED in the classroom!Examples are phones and iPod.If I see it or hear it, it will go to the office where you will retrieve it from the principal.Once than one time, a parent will have to come get it from the office.Just don’t make a habit of bringing it in the classroom.If you need to have your phone for after school, please give it to me at the beginning of the day so I can keep it in a safe place.