The 7th and 8th grade art class is designed to build upon and increase the student’s knowledge of the elements and principles of design and familiarity with an increased variety of media and techniques. Mediums include but are not limited to are: drawing (shading & blending), pen & ink, markers, colored pencil, charcoal, paints (tempera & watercolor), printmaking, collage, and clay (hand built, coil & slab construction). A continued emphasis on critical judgment is accompanied by an increased focus on other artist and their styles.
• Students will build on the concepts learned previously in elementary art
• Students will express ideas that cannot be expressed in words alone
• Students will learn about other cultures and periods in art history
• Students will understand and apply art elements and principles of design in their artwork
• Students will create and utilize a range of subject matter, and ideas in their art
The 7th and 8th grade art objectives are met by completing some, but not limited to the projects/assignments from the 7-8 project list.
7th Grade Project List many of the projects/assignments below may be done in a variety of mediums such as pencil, printmaking, charcoal, colored pencil, markers, clay, crayons, paints and collage.
• Perspective, 1 point, handout w/questions, 1. space 2. cube 3. barn
• Boat, detailed lines w/ink
• Scissors design, mixed media
• Wax etching, analogous colors
• Lobster design
• Face drawing, handout w/pre and post test
• Fish, grid drawing
• Hamburger collage, gps. of two
• Design problems, names and initials
• Color wheel challenges
• Shaded pencil drawings w/value scale, 1. scarecrows 2. camera 3. sea shells
• Clay, 8’’ coil pots, w/handout
8th Grade Project List many of the projects/assignments below may be done in a variety of mediums such as pencil, printmaking, charcoal, colored pencil, markers, clay, crayons, paints and collage.
• Pencil drawings w/values, 1. hands 2. horse 3. still life
• Boots, charcoal on brown paper with burnt edges
• Desert scene, warm colors
• Shoes, creative styles
• Name design
• Clay, coil pots w/additions
• Styrofoam printmaking
• Art history, stone age to modern, 6 small drawings
• Collage faces just like Picasso
• Wax etchings, tropical parrots
• Color wheel theory w/handouts
• Abstract hands, mixed media