Board of Education
School Board Members
Board President: Jim Zarybnicky(District #6)
Board Vice President: Alan Ohlde (District #2)
Board Member: Doug Beikman (District #1)
Board Member: Darren Bott(District #3)
Board Member: Scott Zabokrtsky(District #7-At Large )
Board Member: Toby Bruna (District #4)
Board Member: Dianna Gugenhan (District #5)
Superintendent: John Whetzal
*If you would like contact information for any board member please contact the district office at 785-763-4231.
USD #223 Board of Education Goals
- Continue to budget and operate our school district through sound financial and fiscal practices and stewardship.
- Retain and recruit highly motivated staff by demonstrating staff appreciation, emphasizing professional development and striving to improve compensation.
- Provide a strong diverse curriculum to our students.
- Attain the highest level of achievement possible for all students in academics, activities, and athletics.
- Maintain effective communication with the community, staff, students, and government agencies.
- Continue to enhance and maintain facilities, services, and technology that foster an outstanding education.
- To provide strong, positive administrative leadership.
The Board of Education meets at 7:00 pm at the District Office in Barnes, KS on the second Monday of every month. Any changes from the regular meeting time and place will be posted.