As we begin school on the 19th, there are a few housekeeping items that I want to communicate with you.
1. Students will not be allowed in the building before 7:40 am. We will be conducting temperature checks as students arrive, and we will not have anyone available to conduct this check until 7:40 am. As they come into the building, they will need to enter by the main door. They will have their temperature taken, and then proceed to the gym. We will have students spread out in the gym until 8:10 am. If they need to go to breakfast, they need to go to the gym first, leave all their items and then proceed to the cafeteria. Breakfast this year will be from 7:45 am until 8:10 am. Breakfast will not be served after 8:10 am.
2. All students, teachers, and staff will need to enter through the front main door. As mentioned above, this will allow us to check temperatures as students come to school efficiently.
4. When you come to pick up your student for an appointment, you will need to go into the office and fill out a visitor form. You will also need to have your temperature taken and wear a mask. If you prefer, you can stay in your car, and call the school – 785-337-2281. We are doing our best to limit the number of visitors to the building during the school day.
5. If you are picking up a student after school, please do not park by the school. We ask that you join the pick-up line behind the buses. This will allow us to control the release of students. I understand that this will take a little longer to pick up students, but it will enable us to be more organized and control this process more efficiently.
6. Masks will be required for all students to wear during the school day. Teachers are working on seating arrangements and times when students can use social distance so they will be able to take off their masks. Students will not have to wear masks during PE or recess. The Board of Education will review the requirement of wearing masks regularly. Parents are asked to provide a mask for their students. If you are unable to secure a mask, please let Tim Mueller or Mr. Jensen know.
7. Cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer will be available in the classroom. Teachers have a plan to allow students to use hand sanitizer regularly. Desks and other surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
8. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles as students will not be allowed access to the water fountains. Although, the water bottle fill feature on the water fountain will be allowed for students to use.
9. About lunches, students are more than welcome to bring their own lunch if they desire. We are asking that parents do not deliver food to their student(s) for lunch.
I know that as we navigate through this time of the unknown, there will be many decisions that need to be made and situations that arise that we are not expecting. I appreciate your understanding and patience as we make the best decisions possible for students.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call and talk with me at school or send me an email.